Unique views: 71
Total views: 89
Taunts, in Other.
Current Behavior (The current behavior of the reported function):
Taunts do not increase the taunter's threat to match an NPC's current target.
Taunting will force a mob to attack you for the duration of the fixate (3s), after which it will return to its previous target.
Correct Behavior (The correct behavior of the reported function):
Taunting should increase a tank's threat to match the current/previous tank's threat.
- Tank1 is tanking and has 600k threat, Tank2 is not currently tanking and has 400k threat.
- Tank 2 taunts -> Tank2's threat should jump to 600k, and the boss should then attack Tank2 until Tank1 taunts again.
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWIukQcmuk -- threat meter is at the bottom of the UI.
In this video, Absalom starts tanking. Go to 2:05; Rigg switches into bear form, and taunts a few seconds later -> his threat jumps up to match Absalom's, and Ragnaros stays focused on him.
How to reproduce the bug (How did this happen?):
- Be any tank spec or character with a taunt
- Have a friend hit a boss for a while to build some threat
- Taunt off them -> the boss will attack you for 3s and then turn back away